How to handle Query Output Example in the Resource Mgr

B.Schouten
S&G Developer

How to handle Query Output Example in the Resource Mgr

Post by B.Schouten » 13 Apr 2015, 09:09

We are working on enhancing the functionality of the SQL editor that is used on several locations in LCC-ANT, especially trying to make the use of the Query Output Example window more user-friendly. We would like your input on what you expect it's behaviour to be.

In the "Normalized SQL Feedback" plugin, a toolbar button of the SQL editor window can be used to execute the query and show the query result in a separate window. At the moment, every time you use the toolbar button, a new Output Query Example window is created and shown, even if the result of the same query is calculated repeatedly.

Our proposal is to enhance the functionality and let LCC-ANT reuse an existing Query Output Window when possible, replacing the previous result in that Output window with the new result.

Our questions to you are the following:
  1. What do you expect the Query Output window showing the result of a Normalized SQL Feedback resource to do when you move to a different resource in the resource manager? (Automatically close, Stay open, Move to background ...?)
  2. How important is it to you that you will be able to show the results of several different SQL statements in Normalized Freedback resources simultaneously? (Crucial, Nice to Have, Will never use it)

Your answers will be taken into account when deciding how we are going to alter the current functionality.

Thanks for your time

M.Kaiser
S&G Partner

Re: How to handle Query Output Example in the Resource Mgr

Post by M.Kaiser » 14 Apr 2015, 14:15

To the Output-window: It would be nice, if ANT creates every time a new output table window for each time I use the execute button. This helps, to compare different statements/results without creating "solid" tables.

to question 1: Stay open. I want to close the windows by myself.

to question 2: this is for me crucial.

Suggestion/Question: Is it possible to use "colored columns" to show the filling properties (key column / empty column / LU column / ...)?